My Perfume Collection: Photos and Descriptions (Part 1)

Friday, April 26, 2013

Hey everyone, I thought it might be a fun idea to show you guys my perfume collection. I keep the biggest part of my collection in Ghent, where I live during the week for my studies. I also have a few at home. I will talk about those in a different blogpost because this one is going to be VERY long. The ones in Ghent are my favorites and whenever I go home for a while (like spring break) I take one or two perfumes with me. I will add descriptions of each perfume, so you can have a idea of what it smells like. I found most of the descriptions on the Sephora website.


1. Daisy by Marc Jacobs.
Enter the world of Daisy: fresh and feminine, with a playful innocence. At the heart of Daisy is a floral with vintage edge: violet. Sophisticated, with a touch of whimsy, violet captures the eclectic, vintage flavor of Marc Jacobs' feminine, edgy designs. Always elegant, always enchanting. Daisy is a sparkling floral bouquet, spirited and fresh, wrapped in comfort and warmth.

Notes:
Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Gardenia, Violet Petals, Jasmine Petals, Musk, Vanilla, White Woods.


This one is my all time favorite perfume. It smells so good, I can't even describe it. The description above pretty much covers it. It is feminine, fresh, warm, elegant. It smells like flowers but not too much. I would recommend it to everyone, it's just the perfect perfume.

2. Be Delicious by DKNY (very tiny bottle)
A modern feast for the senses. Served in a sleek metal and glass apple bottle, this juicy fragrance combines the scent of apple with a sophisticated blend of exotic flowers and sensual woods. 

Notes:
American Apple, Cucumber, Grapefruit, Candid Magnolia, Tuberose, White Muguet, Rose, Violet, Sandalwood, Tender Skin Accord, Blonde Woods, White Amber.


This is a perfume that I always recognize immediately when someone wears it. The famous apple perfume. I think you can't go wrong with this. It's fresh and fruity, it's a lovely smell

3. Femme by Hugo Boss
The new interpretation of femininity, a floral sheer oriental fragrance that represents ultra feminine beauty. Complimentary ingredients form a radiant cloud of sophisticated femininity. The fresh citrus tangerine note lifts the emotions, preparing the senses for the floral bouquet. The Freesia note carries the luminous scent of Stephanotis and Oriental Lily. These notes are further heightened by Rose petals for a radiating floral aura of utmost femininity. Boss Femme perfume exudes a fortification of the aura with a creamy musk like accord gives the scent a silky smooth finish. (not on sephora website)

Notes: 
Apricot, Tangerine, Rose, Blackcurrant, LemonWood, Freesia, Jasmine

Another feminine smell. One of my friends has this one as well and it's her signature scent. When I smelled it, I loved it! I think it fits me not as good as her, but I still like it.
  
4. Apple Delight (Pomme Délice) by Yves Rocher
This was a limited edition smell by Yves Rocher, last Fall/Winter. It smells like sweet, spiced apples. I bought the little bottle of this. Because it was limited edition, you can't find a lot about it on the internet. It smells great, I think this a great scent for the fall and winter time.
  
5. The Beat by Burburry
Burberry The Beat Eau de Toilette is youthful, feminine, fresh, and elegant. It is a sparkling blend of unexpected notes that expresses the unique personality of the Burberry woman. She is naturally bright and luminous.

Notes:
Bergamot, Cardamom, Pink Pepper, Mandarin, Iris, Bluebell, Ceylon Tea, White Musk, Vetiver, Cedarwood.Style:Stylish. Sensual. Energetic. 

Again, I don't use this enough. It's a great fragrance, very fresh and a bit citrussy. Perfect daytime perfume, in my opinion!

6. Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel
Sexy, fresh Oriental fragrance recalls the irrepressible spirit of the young Coco Chanel. An elegant, luxurious spray closest in strength and character to the parfum form. The signature Classic Bottle is perfect for the dressing table or for traveling. Spray lightly morning and evening on pulse points at the throat and wrist.

Notes: 
Orange, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Litchi, Rose, Italian Jasmine, Indonesian Patchouli, Bourbon Vanilla, White Musk

A very heavy, sexy, seductive scent, in my opinion. I like to wear this when I go out. It's a grown up scent, but not too old. 

7. Maroccan Rose by The Body Shop
The perfume intoxicates with aromas of Moroccan rose enriched with lemon oil, vanilla, spices and musk.
  
This is the only description I could find of this perfume. This is now replaced by the 'Atlas Mountain Rose' line, I think. On both the english and dutch website, this perfume is not available anymore.  

This is a very strong rose scent. I love it, but I never use a lot of it because it can quickly become too heavy. If you would still find this at stores and you are a rose scent addict, don't hesitate. You won't be disappointed.

8. Golden Delicious by DKNY
DKNY Golden Delicious glistens with a glamorous burst of succulent orange flower water. The heart beats deeper with floral touches of white rose and muguet flower. In the base, musk, sandalwood, and teakwood blend together, lending a warm, lasting touch of sensuality. And, of course, the scent of Golden Delicious apple provides an elegant and memorable character that shines throughout the life of the scent.

Notes:
Orange Flower Water, Mirabelle, Golden Delicious Apple, White Rose, Casablanca Lily, Vanilla Orchid, Muguet, Musk, Sandalwood, and Teakwood.

 
I like this one, but I don't use it a lot. It smells less like apples to me (which is not a bad thing, the DKNY perfumes have to be different of course). I think I'll try to use this more, because I actually really like the scent of it.

So these are the perfumes I keep in Ghent. I'll do a part 2 soon, talking about the perfumes I keep at home. I hope you liked this post and if you have any questions about the perfumes, don't hesitate to ask!

What's your favorite perfume?
xx, 
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS