Summer of Bloggin, July 14: Life Update

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Hi everyone, today I wanted to take the time and write down some things that have been going on in my life now. I feel like I want to share this with you guys.

Photo taken during a girls-only weekend at the beach, by Ynee

Summer. The perfect time to hang with friends, go to festivals, drink cocktails, go to the beach and get a tan. I've done great things with my friends during the vacation already like a weekend to the beach, going to a local festival in our hometown, going to the parc and get drinks in our favorite cafe. The next two weeks, I'll be working at a summer job at the head quarters of a 'Do It Yourself'-store from Belgium. All those things are fun and I'm glad I get to experience them, because there are also other things going on in my life right now.

About a week ago, me and my boyfriend decided to put an end to our relationship. It was not an easy decision, but it was necessary. We have grown too much apart and we both changed too much during the last year. We were together for almost three years. Even though this was the best choice for us, I can't help but miss him, even a little bit. He wasn't only my boyfriend, he was also my best friend. One day I'm feeling fine, but the other day I feel terrible.I have a lot of friends that are there for me, like the three beautiful girls in the photo above, but somehow I sometimes can't help but feel alone.

Another thing going on in my life are the exams I have to redo for school in August-September. As you may know, I study Occupational Therapy in Ghent. Occupational Therapy is the use of treatments to develop, recover, or maintain the daily living and work skills of patients with a physical, mental or developmental condition. I don't know how the colleges and universities in other countries are organised, but in Belgium, you get a second chance to take an exam when you failed the first time. I had 30 exams this year and I failed 10. So I have to redo these all in late August, beginning of September. It's just not a fun thing to do, studying during the summer :p

            How am I supposed to study with something cute like this entering my room?

Quotes that help me:
"So now, all alone or not, you gotta walk ahead. Thing to remember is if we're all alone, then we're all together in that too. "

- P.S., I love you

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
-Marilyn Monroe


Thanks for reading this <3
xx, 
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS