Summer of Bloggin', July 24: Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in 'Eternal Gold' Swatches&Review

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hello girls, today I wanted to do a short review about the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in 'Eternal Gold', a beautiful yellow-gold color. I bought this color on an evening marker at the end of June. It was only €5, which is very cheap for maybelline products in Belgium. 




I did a review on the Maybelline Color Tattoos a year ago, when they first came out here in Belgium. I tested them out to see if they really lasted 24 hours, with the conclusion that without a primer, they didn't last that long on my eyelids.
But I still like them a lot, 'On and On Bronze' is my favorite!


Eternal Gold is not a color I would have bought at the orginal retail price from the drugstores here in Belgium. It costs about 9 to 10 euros. But for €5, I thought it was a good deal. I like the color, especially for summer. This looks really yellow, but it has gold shimmer in it.



Applied on the skin, this looks a lot less yellow. I think it looks quite nice, but it's hard to blend out this color evenly, because of the glitters and shimmers in it. On the eyes, I'm not a 100% in love with it. It's also a lot harder to remove, they was some shimmer left on my eyes. I like it more for parties than everyday.
Also, I know I've said this about 30 times now, this is a cream product so I really suggest a primer underneath this.

What do you think about the Color Tattoos?
xx, 
Astrid

3 comments:

  1. wow, it's so pretty! I find that if golds are too yellow it's a bit off putting. This whiteish gold seems very brightening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how pretty this look... it's stunning :D xx

    Gem | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS