A Day In Antwerp: Ballet & Shopping!

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hello, ladies! I know I haven't written a blogpost in quite a while, but school had been really busy lately and I still had a severe lack of inspiration. I think that happens from time to time with everybody, right? But I have a ton of new things to show you guys, starting today! Yesterday, I went to Antwerp to see a show by the Royal Ballet Company of Flanders. They performed 'Romeo and Juliet', which is one of my favorite love stories ever!

My mom and me took a train to Antwerp, where we walked around a bit on the Meir, which is the long and beautiful shopping street of Antwerp. We went to Planet Parfum, where the O.P.I. Gwen Stefani collection had finally arrived. I got 'Push and Shove', the mirror-like polish and 'Over and Over A-Gwen', the cream red color. Reviews on these colors will be on this blog as soon as possible!


The show began at 2 p.m., so we looked around for something to eat. At the front of the theatre, they was a market where my mom and me got some chicken soup at a soup truck. We also got a filled maroccan pancake with cheese, olives and vegetables like peppers, artichokes and other things. It was fast, inexpensive and delicious! It was cool to see a market like this with so much variety of food and places to sit.

At the show, we weren't aloud to take any pictures or audio recordings. But it was so beautiful! The story reminded me a lot of the movie with Leonardo Dicaprio. It was the first ballet show I ever saw and I was very moved by the dances and the story. It's my favorite story by shakespeare so I was very happy to have seen it.

After the show, we met up with my dad, who also came to Antwerp. We looked around for a place to eat and decided to go to Ellis Burger. This is a very hyped up restaurant where they serve home-made burgers. It's always very busy but we were lucky because a table had just opened up! I couldn't decide which burger to choose so I got the 'Trio of mini burgers'. This way, I had the classic beef burger, the chicken burger and the lamb with guacamole burger. It was so delicious that I completely forgot to take a picture :(
As a dessert, I got the warm chocolate cake.


I hope you liked this 'day in the life' type blogpost. I want to do more of these in the future. I'll also post an Outfit of the Day, about what I wore yesterday! :)

How was your weekend? What did you do?
xx,
Astrid

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this and you should definitely do more of these. It sounds like so much fun and that cake looks so delicious! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS