Product Empties: July 2014

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Oh, that feeling you get when you finish up a product. I've been collecting my empties for a very long time now - So much stuff was almost empty at the same time! - and I can finally write this. It's going to be a long one, so you know what to do: get a snack and something to drink and ENJOY.



1) Garnier Ultra Doux Reconstructing Serum - with honey
This ah-mazing! It's supposed to be a serum with honey, royal gelly and propolis, to help restore split ends. It smells very good, a little bit sweet and floral, but not too much. The smell does linger in your hair, something I really like. I just put this on the ends of my hair before blowdrying it. A few friends have said that my hair looks healthier and less dry. It feels softer as well. Big thumbs up!
Would I repurchase? Already did!

2) Garnier Ultra Doux Shampoo with camomille and honey
A childhood favorite, rediscovered a few months ago. This is a brightening shampoo that also smells like flowers. I recently bought the conditioner as well. Very good shampoo.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

3) Ouidad Botanical Boost Moisture Infusing & Refreshing Spray
I got this as a deluxe sample with a beautybay order. It's supposed to be for curly hair but it worked fine with my straight/slightly wavy hair. It's a bit weird because when I used it, I didn't think it did that much for my hair, but now that it's empty... I miss it. 
Would I repurchase? I don't think so... A full size bottle is around €17 and I think there are good hair products out there for a lower price.


4) and 5) Van Der Hoog face masks in 'Charming Chocolate' and 'Amazing Avocado'
Very charming and amazing indeed! I liked this face masks a lot! They made my skin looks really healthy and beautiful! I also used up a peach one but accidentally threw the packaging away. That one was my favorite. If you're looking for a nice, cheap way to give yourself a spa treatment, use one of these!
Would I repurchase? Yes, yes, yes!

6) and 7) Essence Pure Skin Nose & Face strips
You know how these work. Wet your nose/chin and put the white strip on it. After a few minutes, peel it off and... absolutely nothing happens! I just used these up to get rid of them but to be honest, they didn't do a lot for me. Except hurt when I, as gently as I could, took them off.
Would I repurchase? No.

8) The Body Shop Honey Mania Shower Gel (travel size)
Oh wauw... I love the smell of this. I got the big size on sale a few weeks ago, because I liked this one so much. I also have the perfume and it just smells so good! I'm really getting into honey products lately!
Would I repurchase? Yes!

9) Fa Shower + Lotion Shower Gel in 'Pomegranate'
Just a nice, creamy shower gel, nothing special about it. I just got this because I was in a supermarket with a low variety in shower gels and I really needed one.
Would I repurchase? Not really, I didn't even remember this was in my empties bag.

10) Sephora Shower Gel in 'Guave Passion'
Very fruity smell. Nice creamy texture. But same story as the Fa one, I just used to it up to throw it away.
Would I repurchase? Probably not.

11) The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Body Polish.
I love these scrub/shower gels from The Body Shop! The strawberry one has been a favorite for years, but this was a nice change of scent!
Would I repurchase? If they bring it back next winter, I probably will!

12) Gemey Maybelline Nailpolish remover
My go-to nailpolish remover. It works amazing! This one has no acetone in it and has avocado extract to make it a softer formula. 
Would I repurchase? I always get this one, except when I can't find it the store!

13) Diadermine Dissolvant Express Nail polish remover
When I can't find my beloved Gemey polish remover in the store, I'm forced to get another one. So I got this one and I'm so glad I can finally get rid of this! I hated the formula! It's so weird but it was extremely thin (thinner than usual nail polish removers, is that possible?) so when I wanted to put it on a cotton pad, it just everywhere. Nope, didn't like this one!
Would I repurchase? Never again.

14) Bourjois Gentle Eye makeup remover (2 bottles)
You guys know I like this one very much!
Would I repurchase? Yes!

15) Rexona Deodorant 
I used to like this one a long time ago but the scent has changed. I didn't like this one as much as other deodorants.
Would I repurchase? No.

16) Lush Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
I kinda forgot I had this and I recently found it back... The smell was heavenly but I wasn't a big fan of the product at all. It had just gone bad so it was time to throw it out. If they sold this scent as a perfume or shower gel, I might consider getting it.
Would I repurchase? No.

17) Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner Pen
I got this years ago, when Eyeko still had their completely different line of makeup. I miss that brand so much!  They had amazing stuff. This was an amazing eyeliner,so pigmented and it stayed on all day! But sadly, it has dried up a while ago. I kinda forgot about it and now it's gone forever.
Would I repurchase? Eyeko new line of eyeliner is a bit too expensive for me now, so probably not.

18) Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer
This one has been in some many empties posts, you guys know how much I love it. It covers up dark circles really well and brightens up the eye area. I'm almost finished with the one I got to replace this one.
Would I repurchase? Yes!

I hope you liked this blogpost and I hope you guys have a nice friday and weekend!
xx,
Astrid

1 comment:

  1. I love me some long empties posts :) The Van der Hoog face masks sound amazing, it's a shame we can't get them here in Slovenia.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS