April Favorites 2015: Beauty & More

Friday, May 1, 2015

Hi everyone! How are you all doing? May has started and that means: time for another favorites post!  I have lots of new ones to share with you! April was a great month to discover some new products and rediscover some old favorites. Not only beauty this time, I also have some jewelry and a book to talk about. Shall we get started?



Let's start with the beauty products and then we'll talk about the non-beauty stuff.


* Freeman Facial Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask: I got this at the end of March during a little spendy trip to the drugstore. It's a dark grey sugar scrub that you apply and rub gently on the skin. After applying it, you leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes like a normal face mask and then you rinse it off. I really like this. It smells very fresh and leaves my skin feeling soft like a peach. 
* Avène Cicalfate Repair Cream: This one has a bit of a story behind it. In November, I had a bit of an accident at a friend's birthday party when a very heavy door closed and my foot got stuck. (Tip for everyone: Alcohol + ballerina Shoes + being clumsy = recipe for disaster) My foot got a nasty, deep cut that should have gotten stitched, but didn't. The result after a few weeks of healing time was quite a big scar. My dermatologist said I must apply this thick white cream every day and massage it in. It's a cream to repair very sensitive skin, like a scar. Lately, the scar has been looking better and less red. It's starting to heal really nice and I'm very glad about that because it's noticable when I wear ballerina flats.
* The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Showergel: Citrus showergels are the best way to get awake in the morning. This one from the body shop smells very nice. I prefer fresh lemon scents over sweet ones like this, but I still like it very much!


* Garnier Miracle Skin Cream: a rediscovery! I loved this so much last year and used it all the time, but it somehow got forgotten during the fall and winter. I wanted to write a review on this last year, but it was really hard to take 'before and after' photos with this product. It gives a very subtle effect. It provides the skin with a radiant glow and works like a tinted moisturizer. It's one of those white creams with pigment particles in it that adjust to your skin color. It evens out the skin, but lets your skin shine trough. During these warmer days, I wanted to wear something lighter than a foundation so this is a perfect alternative.
* MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in 'Stereo Rose': This is one of the most beautiful blushes I have ever bought. It's a nice coral-pink with a glowy finish. It has been featured in two limited editions from MAC already and it was very popular each time. 
* L'Oréal Infallible Eyeshadow in 'Sahara Treasure': This antique gold color is the perfect 'all over the lid' color. I love this one so much. It looks very nice and suits every outfit perfectly. Easy to apply and very pigmented.
* Helena Rubenstein Lash Queen Sexy Blacks: First of all, just look at this beautiful tube of mascara. How gorgeous is that? Helena Rubenstein is known as the queen of mascaras and this is the second mascara I tried from her. It has everything I like in a mascara: length and seperation. Big thumbs up for this one.


* Essie 'Fiji': You guys knew this was going to be featured in this post. It's Fiji! I've talked about this one more than enough already. I've been wearing this most of April in combination with the second product and they make a great team.
* Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat: I just did a review on this two days ago because I have been loving it so much. It's seriously the best top coat I've ever tried!


* Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume: With spring beginning, I have been using my favorite perfume more. Lately, I switched around perfumes quite a lot but I have been going back to this one again this month. 
* Gold Bracelet: I got this in the beginning of the month at a monthly vintage market in Brussels. I fell in love with it immediately and wore it almost every day since then. 
* Golden Earrings: During Easter break, me and two other friends went to visit a friend of us who lives in the Netherlands for a couple of months for an internship. He's staying in Leiden, a nice town known for its universities and students. The best part of the trip was the shopping! In a small jewelry store, I found these beautiful earrings. They have soft yellow stones in them. Just like the bracelet, I have been wearing these almost every day since I got them. 


* Wild by Cheryl Strayed: My mom and I went to see the movie at the cinema and we both loved it a lot. She got the book a few weeks earlier and loved it as well. I also decided to read it and I love it so much. It's a very moving story about a woman who walks the Pacific Crest Trail in order to find her way back and get her life back on the rails. Very inspirational and stunning, with lots of beautiful quotes like this one:

"I knew that if I allowed fear to overtake me, my journey was doomed. Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story from the one women are told. I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave. Nothing could vanquish me."

So those were my favorites for this moths, I hope you enjoyed reading this. Have a great weekend and I'll talk to you soon.

xx,
Astrid

4 comments:

  1. Dear lord, that ''accident'' sounds so painful, ouch! Great favourites though, I'm really intrigued by this book/movie. Need to check it out asap :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At that moment, I didn't feel much of it. But I think that was because of the alcohol because the day after that, I could hardly walk. But now, it's all healed ;)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I bought this Avene cream a while ago and didn't really find it useful?! I did put it over some scar on my foot and I guess it did help a bit, but I'm still not convinced. :) Love the MAC blush and gold bracelet!:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes think massaging the scar every day is more important than the cream itself. A friend of me just uses that thick white nivea cream in the blue jar and told me that works for him as well ;)
      xx

      Delete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS