Astrids Kitchen: Tasty/BuzzFeed Recipe Tested: Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Hello, lovely readers! After a long time, I'm back with a new recipe! I decided to do a sort of 'taste test' on a Buzzfeed/Tasty recipe I found online a few days ago. It's the Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake! Also known as penne pasta with chicken, white saus and cheese in the oven! If you like this combination, keep on reading and discover what, and my boyfriend, thought about it! 



My Boyfriend and me went to a music festival in my home town and the day after, we were starving! I decided to try out this Tasty recipe I found on their youtube channel. It's super easy and looked delicious.

Here's what you'll need (for 6 to 8 servings). This is the original recipe, I adjusted a few thing, according to what I had available at home.

1 tablespoon olive oil
3 chicken breasts, cubed (I used two)
Salt and pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced (I had no garlic at home, so I didn't use it)
2 ½ cups chicken broth (I mixed hot water with a boullion cube)
2 ½ cups heavy cream 
1 pound uncooked penne
2 cups parmesan
2 cups mozzarella (I only had Emmental cheese, so that what I used)
A handful of fresh 
chopped parsley (I didn't have it, so didn't use it as well)

--> I used less of everything because it was just us two.

What's next?
1. In a pot, heat oil and add chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then brown the chicken. The original recipe said to add broth, heavy cream, and pasta, and bring everything to a boil. I took the chicken out and added all the liquids and pasta. 

Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer for 15-20 min.

2. Turn off heat and stir in 1 ½ cups of parmesan cheese (or any other cheese). Pour half of the pasta into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese (or again, any other cheese). Layer the remaining half of the pasta evenly on top. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of mozzarella and ½ cup of parmesan.

3. Broil 10 - 15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown. Remove and sprinkle with fresh parsley, if you want. I let it in for about 20 minutes, my oven took longer to get it nice and brown.


This recipe was very easy to follow and make and it didn't take me too much time to prepare it. Cooking the pasta in the cream and chicken broth gave this dish so much flavour. The starch from the pasta made the sauce nice and thick! It was absolutely delicious and we both ended up with huge food babies. The boyfriend also really liked it!


So if you want a delicious, comforting plate full of pasta and cheese, you should totally make this. I know it's not the most healthy dish to make but every once in a while, we should treat ourselves to something yummy!

xx,

Astrid

1 comment:

  1. Well I should've definitely skipped this post. I'm so HANGRY right now :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS