My Top 5 Favorite Perfumes

Friday, July 22, 2016

Hey girls, after a few days of playing Pokémon Go, I'm back today with a post about perfume. I picked out my 5 favorite perfumes of all time out of my collection. I usually don't use specific perfumes in a specific season, I wear them all year round. You'll notice in this post that I prefer floral scents. I just love flowers and their scents. I'm also a sucker for beautiful perfume bottles and love how all of these look. I searched descriptions on the websites of the brand, but will also include a personal review. 





Jo Malone 'Peony & Blush Suede'

Website description: The essence of charm. Peonies in voluptuous bloom, exquisitely fragile. Flirtatious with the juicy bite of red apple and the opulence of jasmine, rose and gillyflower. Mingling with the sensuality of soft, blush suede. Luxurious and seductive.

I got this one in London last year, at a Jo Malone store. The girl that worked there was incredibly sweet. I was looking at all the scents and she came to ask me what my three favorite perfumes were. When I told her, she picked out this perfume and said that it would be perfect for me. She was so right. This is quite a heavy, long-lasting perfume but it is sooooo good. Sweet and floraly. Very ladylike and mature. My boyfriend also loves this scent a lot. It's quite expensive, so I use this mostly for special occasions.


Dolce & Gabbana 'Dolce'

Website description: The fragrance opens with a brightly-coloured, sweet-smelling explosion of Neroli leaves and Papaya flower, dissipating into a floral bouquet as the core of the fragrance emerges. A unique and opulent combination of White Water Lily and bold White Daffodil blend perfectly with the full-bodied White Amaryllis, a South African flower used for the first time ever in scent. This floral signature is counterbalanced by the background of warm Musky notes, along with the complex accents of Cashmeran; leaving a sensual trail of light woods, earthy tones and piquant spices.

Probably my third favorite of the bunch. I love how this bottle, and mostly the flower cap, looks. So beautiful and classy. This one is also very florally but fresh. Not too heavy! 


Fossil '1954'

Website description: A tomboy twist of cool and warm scents, Fossil 1954 for her blends mandarin blossom with pink pepper and ginger for a sexy hint of spice. Mountain juniper berry, heirloom flower petals of day break rose and white freesia add both a masculine and feminine note, and a touch of Texas cedar wood gives this scent a unique finish that is authentically Fossil.

I did a review on this perfume here, if you want to read more about it. I still love this perfume very much. It's a nice fresh everyday perfume.


Marc Jacobs 'Daisy'

Website description: The Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Toilette is fresh and feminine with notes of wild strawberry, velvety violet petals and finishes with a luminous blend of gardenia and jasmine. The white accords of birch and cedarwood add intensity. 

Probably my favorite perfume EVER. I've been in love with this one since I was 16 years old. I tried it out in a store once when I read that this used to be Lady Gaga's favorite. She said that this perfumes attracted men like honey. I wondered how a perfume could be thàt good. But it is. I'll always love this perfume.


Marc Jacobs 'Daisy Dream Blush'

Website description: The Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Blush Edition is an airy blend of lush florals. The fragrance opens with top notes of violet leaves, water lily and bergamot, with a middle of rose, lily of the valley and freesia, rounded out with a base of vetiver and clean musks. Housed in a limited-edition bottle. 

This is the newest addition to my collection and it's already my second favorite, very close after Daisy. This is a limited edition version of the 'Daisy Dream' perfume. I don't really like the original one, but when I smelled this one... I instantly fell in love. If you ever see this in stores; smell it and get it!

Have a nice weekend, sweeties!

What are your favorite perfumes?
xx, 
Astrid

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow I love the sound of that Jo Malone perfume. I rarely splurge and buy myself a JM perfume but I'm always on the lookout for good new scents for when I do!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS